Fans waiting to find out more about this year’s Call of Duty Modern Warfare release have heard some interesting new rumours.
According to new reports, a Call of Duty Modern Warfare beta is being primed for August 2019.
The good news is that all three major platforms that Modern Warefare is being released on will receive beta dates.
The downside will be that PS4 gamers will get to play first, ahead of Xbox One and PC players.
According to the latest information shared online, via ComicBook, PS4 owners will get to play Modern Warfare multiplayer on August 20.
Other platforms will need to wait until August 27, a full week after their console counterparts.
This news has been directly sourced from The Gaming Revolution YouTube Channel, which has a good track record of sharing COD details early.
But having checked out the video with this news shared in, it seems this idea of dual dates remains a rumour for now.
It gives us our best idea so far on when the new Modern Warfare beta will go live but gamers should still be ready for changes.
The good news is that Activision is hosting a Modern Warfare multiplayer event on August 1, which should give us a lot more information.
This will likely contain information on any upcoming Modern Warfare beta that is being planned.
It would also be good timing for the beta to go live soon after this reveal, although this remains speculation.
One big fact that gamers will want to know is if this new beta will be open, or require pre-order codes to access.
There is a chance that both will be announced, with pre-order customers getting early access, followed by a second weekend for everyone else.
Here’s the latest from Activision, who confirmed earlier this month: “We are thrilled to announce a comprehensive, epic, and suitably bombastic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer reveal coming to the community on Thursday, August 1!
“Activision and Infinity Ward will reveal the multiplayer universe of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with a deep look at gameplay coming to fans at launch.”
Activision has also started to share news regarding some of the multiplayer content being planned for Modern Warfare.
This includes a new Gunfight (2v2) mode, which will be released on October 25 alongside the full version of the game.
- This is a four-player, two-versus-two game mode.
- It features a series of custom-made, confined maps; the smallest of those present in Multiplayer.
- Everybody gets the same loadout: Prove your adeptness with a wide variety of armaments!
- The loadouts switch every two rounds.
- The first duo to win six rounds wins.
- Each round lasts 40 seconds. After this, “Overtime” begins, and a flag spawns.
- The flag spawns if one or both players of each duo are still alive at the start of Overtime.
- Either team has 10 seconds to capture this flag. There is a three-second capture time.
- During Overtime, you achieve victory by capturing this flag, or by defeating the other team.
- If no one defeats the other team or captures the flag, the duo with the higher health wins. If both sides have the same amount of health, the round is a draw.
Source: Read Full Article