Xbox Game Pass is once again stepping it up this month with the release of Remedy’s Control, promising indie Haven, and many more games for Xbox and PC.
Microsoft is bringing an impressive selection of games as we reach the height of the Holiday season. Xbox Wire has listed what you can expect from the month of December. They include:
- Control (Android & Console) – December 3
- Doom Eternal (PC) – December 3
- Haven (Console & PC) – December 3
- Rage 2 (Android) – December 3
- Slime Rancher (Android & Console) – December 3
- Va-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action (PC) – December 3
- Yes, Your Grace (Android, Console, & PC) – December 3
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition (Console & PC) – December 4
- Call of the Sea (Android, Console & PC) – December 8
- Monster Sanctuary (Android & Console) -December 8
- Starbound (PC) – December 8
- Unto The End (Console & PC) – December 9
- Assetto Corsa (Android & Console) – December 10
- Gang Beasts (Android & Console) – December 10
- GreedFall (Android, Console & PC) – December 10
- Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Android & Console) – December 10
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Android, Console & PC) – December 10
Touch controls have been added for the following games as well:
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Golf With Your Friends
- The Touryst
- Vembrace Cold Soul
Phew, that’s a lot of games, and, with the fear of sounding like a mouthpiece, Xbox Game Pass with this lineup shows that it is in fact the best deal in gaming (and it doesn’t just have games, it has free anime too!)
Control was a Game of the Year nominee at The Game Awards last year and presents a stunning sci-fi adventure that dares to go into the strange and ultra-sensory. Its storytelling techniques and trippy visuals provide a unique setting that calls to mind the works of Stephen King or David Lynch. However, its dull combat, frustrating checkpoint system, and confusing map leave a little to be desired. Eric Switzer when he reviewed the game thought it wasn’t weird enough and also thought the combat was unremarkable.
Haven is a new game from the developer of Furi and has a story that focuses on the maturity of a relationship. Both Yu and Kay are trapped on an isolated planet and they have to work together to survive and fix their space ship. As the couple, you explore the vibrant world and find resources to help them escape. However, some enemies will be in your way. Played alone or with a partner via co-op, you take part in turn-based battles to overcome your foes.
Unto The End is another indie to watch this month, especially if you like challenging games. It is the story of a father trying to reach his family, and it has a dynamic story and difficulty depending on your in-game actions.
Source: Read Full Article