Destiny 2 players don't have an awful lot on at the moment, what with it being the Christmas break.
However, the Destiny 2 weekly reset will still take place same as it always does. Hows that for a way to ring in the new year?
For those who have only just started playing, or perhaps can't recall, every Tuesday, a huge amount of events and activities get their progression and rewards reset and/or removed.
Naturally then, any Guardians reading this will want to polish off any of the outstanding tasks before the game winds it all back later today at 5pm GMT.
The following will be reset:
• Milestone progress and rewards reset for Crucible, Gambit, Nightfall, Flashpoint
• Daily Heroic Mission, Strikes, Clan XP, Vex Incursion
• Raid progress and rewards
• Eververse inventory
• Xur – make sure you've got his most recent exotics (he will return with new items on Friday at 5pm).
There's no new activities coming, although Iron Banner will come to an end.
For now, keep reading for the key details of what we expect to appear in this week's reset.
Destiny 2 Review | Destiny 2 Dawning Recipe List | Destiny 2 Horned Wreath | Destiny 2 Captive Cord | Destiny 2 Ethereal Charms | Destiny 2 Withered Plumes | Destiny 2 Bound Manacle | Destiny 2 Necromantic Strand | Destiny 2 Leviathan’s Breath Quest | Destiny 2 Xenophage Quest
PS Plus January 2020: Forget free PS4 games, PlayStation fans should see these rewards
Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo release date: When is FF7 demo coming to PSN Store?
December 31 Weekly Reset
Thanks to the essential infographic above, you can see everything you'll need to mop up before 5pm this evening.
There are three Nightfall tasks with their own special rewards you can partake in, as well as a series of Strike tasks you can engage with, too (play Strikes as your Solar subclass to get items this week).
You may also want to jump into the Leviathan to finish off any outstanding Raid tasks that may need to be sorted out.
As ever, completing 8 bounties for Shaxx, Zavala, the Drifter or the Gunsmith will also get you Tier 1 Powerful Gear, too.
The full rundown of what you need to complete can be found at Niris.tv.
December 31 Reset – Xur
This week you'll find Xur on the EDZ, near Winding Cove. Head over and visit him before he vanishes.
Xur Exotic Stock December 27 – 31
• Fighting Lion – Grenade Launcher – 29 Legendary Shards
• Mechaneer's Tricksleeves – Gauntlet Armor – 23 Legendary Shards
• MK 44 Stand Asides – Titan Leg Armor – 23 Legendary Shards
• The Stag – Warlock Helmet Armor – 23 Legendary Shards
Xur is also selling the Five of Swords (Nightfall Challenge Card) and the isochronal engram which should give you a Year 1 or Year 2 Exotic that you don't already have in your collection.
December 31 Reset – Patch notes
We mentioned this last week, but it's also worth stressing again. Bungie has listed a couple of known issues with the game, but don't expect to see any updates or fixes before January.
For now though, here's a list of Destiny 2's known issues:
- Our Player Support Team has been monitoring player reports in our #Help Forum to find the latest issues impacting gameplay. Below is a summary of the latest reported issues.
- The EDZ Obelisk can sometimes not be accessed.
- The Green With Envy and Heart of the Dragon quests sometimes don't update while playing and completing Gambit or Crucible matches, respectively.
- Players need to reach Mythic Infamy rank to progress the Gambit "Green With Envy" quest step, not Fabled.
- Warlocks cannot Blink jump after switching weapons or canceling Sprint.
- Players who accept or complete a quest from Osiris will need to back out of his menu entirely and interact with him again to continue picking up other quests. This must be repeated for every quest picked up.
- A flashing notification icon appears constantly above Tess’ head in the Tower.
- For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players should view our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
On Twitter, Bungie Help has also indicated that they've found the root cause of the "interact" issue at the EDZ Obelisk.
However, a fix won't be coming until "January" which likely means the update won't arrive until next weeks weekly reset.
For the time being, players can work around this issue by repeatedly fast traveling to “The Gulch” until they find a functioning obelisk.
Latest Games News
Source: Read Full Article