Much to everyone’s surprise, Square Enix announced a Final Fantasy 8 Remaster during their E3 2019 Briefing earlier this week, along with a 2019 release date for this long-awaited and long overdue re-release.
The game was thought to be pretty much lost to time, which you can read about on this excellent VG247 article.
But there it was, sharing the spotlight in LA alongside further reveals for the new Avengers game and an extended look at the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
You can remind yourself of what you’re missing out on with the above trailer.
However, that’s not why we’re here or why you’ve clicked on this headline.
The games Japanese website has revealed some more info about the game, more specifically it showcases some neat comparison screenshots.
These help illustrate the “overhauled visuals” compared to the twenty-year-old original.
Take a look below.
Square has already detailed some of the main features coming with the remaster, which you can read about below.
The remaster will come with improved textures and the following extra features:
- Battle Reinforcement: Keeps HP and ATB at maximum, allowing special skills to be activated at any time.
- No Encounters: Turn on / off battle encounters.
- Triple Speed: All scenes advance at three times the speed (excluding movies).
Plus, the PC version will allow cheats allowing players to:
- Obtain All Items: Obtain all items, excluding some items.
- Obtain All Abilities: Learn all obtainable G.F. abilities.
- G.F. Level MAX: Max out obtainable G.F. Level.
- Gil MAX: Max out Gil.
- Magic MAX: Max out obtainable magic stock.
- Obtain All Special Skills: Learn all special skills.
- Obtain All Cards: Obtain the maximum amount of cards, excluding rare cards.
Source: Read Full Article