Epic Games has confirmed that today’s Fortnite update will not require downtime or for players to download it.
It appears that the development team has everything they need to make the change they want on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch and Mobile.
Today’s content update will be arriving a little later too, with Epic Games confirming that they are aiming for around midday in the UK.
“Ready your bows!” a teaser from Epic Games reads.
“The v8.20 Content Update arrives tomorrow, April 2 at 8AM ET(1200 UTC). No download or downtime required.”
Without the need to download a new patch, it would seem Epic Games will not be introducing any major changes to the game.
And from the early patch notes shared by Epic Games, we only know of one major item being added to the game today.
The new Boom Bow is being released and will have all its stats confirmed in the patch notes posted by Epic Games.
These will be shared following the release of content update 8.20, meaning fans can expect them to appear a few minutes after midday.
Some details about it have been leaked early by data miners, including that it will be a legendary weapon which will pack a shotgun shell punch.
It’s unclear right now whether it will boast infinite ammo or have some kind of cooldown mechanic.
It’s unusual for Epic Games to need neither time for servers to be adjusted or require fans to download something.
So today’s patch notes could be pretty short.
Epic Games was forced to release a hotfix following the release of an earlier update in Fortnite Battle Royale.
It included these changes:
- Fixed an issue where spectator numbers would not update, even after the spectator had left the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue in the correct division level in the Arena game mode when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Poison Dart Trap to be hidden behind certain wall assets.
- Fixed an issue where trap placement on walls would be blocked if a stair structure was attached to the wall.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from getting removed from the Baller when hit by a Boogie Bomb.
- Fixed an issue preventing friend invites from displaying in the social panel.
- Fixed an issue where Creature Spawners wouldn’t activate within the correct range after it has been resized.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Tool would emit two beams rather than one after copying multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that prevented non-damaging traps (Ice Block, Bouncers, etc) from functioning if the Game was not started.
- Fixed an issue where any Baller vehicle that was placed on an Island prior to v8.20 could not use the boost.
- Fixed an issue that prevented vehicles from being damaged by Music Sequencer when damage was turned on.
Source: Read Full Article