Windwheel Aster is an important material in Genshin Impact and is required to ascend a variety of characters. Unlike some ascension materials, however, Windwheel Aster is fairly easy to find out in the wild. It’s said to grow best in windy locations – which happens to be a large portion of Teyvat.
If you’re looking to pick up a few Windwheel Asters in Genshin Impact, here’s what you need to know before heading out on your farming expedition.
Where To Find Windwheel Aster
Windwheel Aster grows solely in the Mondstadt region of Teyvat. Venture outside the windy locale and you’ll never stumble upon the pink flowers. In particular, you’ll want to check the following spots:
- Statues Of The Seven: Statues at both Windrise and Dawn Winery are a hotspot for picking Windwheel Aster.
- Stormterror’s Lair: It’s a bit off the beaten path, but the dangerous location is one of the best places to find the wind-loving flowers.
- Under Trees: When romping about in the wild, look underneath trees for the Windwheel Aster’s signature pink petals.
- Flora In Mondstadt: If you’d rather not spend your days running through fields, you can purchase a few Windwheel Asters each day from Flora.
- Chunshui In Liyue: Despite living in Liyue, Chunshui worships Barbatos. Because of this, she’s willing to give you five Windwheel Asters if you ask about the Anemo Archon and give your “best wishes” to her fisherman husband. This only works once, so don’t plan on using it as a frequent farming technique.
Windwheel Aster Farming Route
If you’re looking to load your inventory with Windwheel Aster without spending hours searching for it, here is a tried-and-true farming route that will net you dozens of flowers in just a few minutes.
- Visit Flora and purchase five Windwheel Aster for 5,000 Mora.
- Teleport to the Statues of the Seven at Windrise. Here you’ll find the flowers just north of the statue on the other side of the pond.
- Teleport to the Temple of the Lion and head north. Glide off the cliff – still heading north – and you’ll see a few Windwheel Asters in the field below. Continue north until you reach the body of water up ahead, and several more will be ripe for the picking.
- Teleport to the Brightcrown Mountains just south of Stormterror’s Lair. Run north across the stone bridge and jump down on the other side of the river. Under the bridge, you’ll find several Windwheel Asters.
- Use the western-most teleport in Stormterror’s Lair. A few steps to the south you’ll find a patch of flowers near a cliffside.
- Finally, teleport to the Statue of the Seven at Dawn Winery. Search in a small circle around the statue and you’ll find numerous patches of Windwheel Asters.
Of course, this isn’t the only way to quickly farm the flowers, but it’s a simple route that doesn’t require much searching and can easily be completed in less than ten minutes.
What Is Windwheel Aster Used For?
Bennett, Sucrose, and the Traveler all require Windwheel Aster to ascend. That’s the primary reason you’ll want to venture out into the fields of Mondstadt, as you’ll need well over 100 flowers to fully ascend just one character.
If you’re not looking to ascend any of the Anemo characters, Windwheel Aster can also be used to craft Wind Catcher. This unique item can hold five Anemograna that create wind currents. This is useful to quickly climb steep cliffs – or if you just need a better view of your surroundings.
Source: Read Full Article