- How To Get Leather In V Rising
- Defeat Keely The Frost Archer
- Build The Tannery
Leather is an essential crafting material in V Rising – this is a survival game after all. You'll need it to progress your gear score and unlock the next tier of bosses in the game, allowing you to unlock more loot and items for your base.
The process is a bit confusing, but we've compiled it all into this very short guide to help you get started.
How To Get Leather In V Rising
Here's there multi-step process to get Leather in V Rising.
- Reach at least Gear Score 17 (the item next to your name)
- This will unlock Keely The Frost Archer, a boss you can track via V Blood
- Defeat the boss
- Return to your base
- Build the Tannery
- Refine Animal Hide in the Tannery
That's the very basic step-by-step version of the guide. Here's things in a bit more detail.
Defeat Keely The Frost Archer
To unlock the Tannery blueprint you need to first defeat Keely The Frost Archer. This is a level 20 Ranged enemy with multiple frost attacks.
- Keely spawns in a Bandit camp. Do not fight here in the day. It makes it a lot harder.
- You should be around level 17 gear score before you take on this fight.
- This fight isn't that hard: dodge her attacks with your dash, get behind her, and use your Shadowbolt whenever it's available.
Once you've defeated the boss, check the camp for these key things: Chests and Coarse Thread. Coarse Thread is an item drop from Bandits at Keely's camp, so make sure to kill them and harvest their goods while you're there. You will need to this upgrade to the Nightstalker set. Also, don't forget to check the camp for Chests.
Here's an example of where Keely will spawn:
Build The Tannery
Now you've defeated Keely you will have unlocked access to the Tannery via the Refinement build menu.
- This workbench requires 8 planks and 160 Animal Hide.
- Place it down.
- Add Animal Hide (you get this from just killing animals)
- Wait for the Leather to be crafted
Use this leather to upgrade your armor to the Nightstalker set.
Source: Read Full Article