It wouldn’t be a Koei Tecmo release without some kind of confusing DLC plans. In a new video posted on YouTube today, the Japanese publisher announced that Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV would be receiving a DLC expansion pack. Titled “Diplomacy and Strategy Expansion Pack Bundle,” this is a little more than just some add-on to the base game. It actually seems to include some previous DLC that was released over the last year.
There are a number of different releases for this bundle. The first, titled simply “Expansion Pack,” will be for current owners of the game. A digital deluxe version of this will include the second season pass on top of everything. The next is the “Expansion Pack Bundle” that includes the base game and this new wave of DLC. Once again, a digital deluxe version of this includes everything and the second season pass.
If that really wasn’t enough, an “Expansion Pack Bundle Double Digital Deluxe” includes the aforementioned expansion, the base game, the game’s first season pass, and the second one in one insane bundle. It’s a big mess of releases that makes the title of this expansion all the more confusing.
For those that weren’t aware Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV even had a season pass, here is what is included/scheduled for the first one:
- February 28, 2020 – Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII Officer CG Set
- March 19, 2020 – Scenario [Battle of Tong Gate] & Event Set, Editor – Historical Officers
- May. 28, 2020 – Difficulty [Veteran] & Scenario Settings Set, Editor – 2nd Wave (BGM Editor & bonus BGM Set), Scenario [The Lu Bu Campaign] & Event Set
- July 30, 2020 – Editor – 3rd Wave (Game Editor), Scenario [Hebei Conflict] & Event Set, Scenario [The Battle of Hefei] & Event Set
- September 24, 2020 – Three additional scenarios, additional difficulty
The second pass will contain these add-ons released over the course of 2021:
- February 2021 – Scenario & Event Set – 1st Wave
- February 2021 – Editor – 4th Wave, War Chronicles Mode Exclusive Scenario 1
- February 2021 – Scenario & Event Set – 2nd Wave, War Chronicles Mode Exclusive Scenario 2
- March 2021 – War Chronicles Mode Exclusive Scenario 3, Additional Events (set of 5) 1, Watercolor Style Officer Set (Wei, Wu, Shu)
- April 2021 – Scenario & Event Set – 3rd Wave, RTK13 Officer Face CG Set, War Chronicles Mode Exclusive Scenario 4, Additional Events (set of 5) 2
- May 2021 – War Chronicles Mode Exclusive Scenario 5, Additional Events (set of 5) 3
The expansion, then, adds a new campaign, more diplomacy options, and new factions. It’s kind of standard stuff, but it should help flesh out the relatively thin base game. I know this info is a lot to take in, but Koei Tecmo isn’t done supporting Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV. That is good news for anyone invested in the main game.
Source: Read Full Article