We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Today’s Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour is kicking off at 6pm local time and is just the first of many new events coming to the game.
As revealed earlier this month by Niantic, Snover is the featured Pocket Monster during December’s last Pokemon Spotlight Hour.
And the good news is that you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokemon during the mini-event being held today.
But while Spotlight Hour is just a fleeting chance to get an XP boost, more big Pokemon events are on the way.
Those Trainers planning on buying a ticket for the Kanto Tour can look forward to the first rewards dropping in January.
The Unova region will be getting the special treatment on January 5 until January 10, with a start time set for 10am local time.
These will be the featured bonuses and rewards available during the Kanto Tour warm-up:
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Herdier, Blitzle, Roggenrola, Drilbur, Scraggy, Tympole, Venipede, Trubbish, Gothita, Solosis, and Ferroseed will be appearing more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Snivy.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Sewaddle, Petilil, Emolga, Karrablast, Joltik, Elgyem, and Shelmet
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Ferroseed.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Timburr, Dwebble, and Klink will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Herdier, Tranquill, Excadrill, and Amoonguss will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Genesect holding a Burn Drive will be appearing in five-star raids. This will be the first time this form of Genesect will be appearing in Pokémon GO, so be sure to catch it while you have the chance! Note that the Shiny form of this Genesect will not be available during this event.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids, with Mega Charizard Y becoming even more powerful from Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. through Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Stay tuned for Collection Challenges, a new feature in the Today View that’ll make Pokémon GO events all the more exciting to experience! More details to come in early January.
Pokemon Go Buddy: Niantic reveal brand new adventure element
This will be followed by an event celebrating the Sinnoh region on Tuesday, January 12, 2021, and running until Sunday, January 17, 2021.
And before all that kicks off, Trainers should be aware that a January Research Breakthrough encounter will be happening on January 1.
This event runs until February, meaning there will be plenty of time to encounter Chansey in Research Breakthroughs.
Other events can be listed below for the coming days and January 2021:
Pokemon Spotlight Hours
In the month of January, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021: Lillipup will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021: Drifloon will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021: Shroomish will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021: Phanpy will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
Celebrate 2021 with our New Year’s–themed event
Happy 2020! Wait, no—it’ll be 2021 in just a few days. Turns out Slowpoke is just late to the game as always. Silly Slowpoke!
For this year’s New Year’s event, you can expect new costumed Pokémon (like a silly Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses) and new avatar items, as well as the return of some familiar Pokémon wearing party hats. This event will run from Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. to Monday, January 4, 2021, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Celebrate the different regions of the Pokémon world in January
As we count down the days to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto, we’ll be celebrating during the Season of Celebration with events themed around different regions of the Pokémon world! Different weeks will highlight Unova, Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Johto, as Pokémon originally discovered in these regions will be appearing more often in the wild.
Source: Read Full Article