We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Rainbow Six Siege has been given a big new update on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
The Crystal Guard update goes live alongside a period of server downtime on all platforms.
It begins on PC from 2-3pm BST, followed by Xbox platforms from 3-4pm and finally on PlayStation from 4pm to 5pm BST UK time.
The Rainbow Six Siege update weighs a massive 24 GB on Ubisoft Connect, but only 12 GB on Steam.
On Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PS4, fans will have to download a 20GB update. Surprisingly, however, the PS5 update is just 16GB.
Needless to say, the update makes dozens of changes on all platforms, and introduces a new operator named Croatia.
“Croatia who brings expertise to Nighthaven with her quick wits and unapologetic enthusiasm for ’60s sci-fi movies,” reads an Ubisoft post.
“This season is packed with a plethora of updates including changes to Operator armor and DBNO scoring as well as balancing for Twitch, IQ, Mute, and Fuze.
“Players also have a new way to customize Elite Uniforms.”
You can read all about the Rainbow Six Siege update in the Patch Notes below.
Rainbow Six Siege Crystal Guard Tweaks and Improvements…
• Ranked and Unranked Earning Increased
• Increased XP and Renown gain in Ranked and Unranked by 15% to match other PVP playlists.
• FIXED – Windows cursor remains stuck on screen, blocking camera movement.
• FIXED – Reinforcing a partially damaged hatch does not destroy the original wooden surface.
• FIXED – Battle Pass reward system is not functional for all game modes and completing a match results in an infinite error message.
• FIXED – Revive animation isn’t canceled when players fall through a hatch while reviving a teammate.
• FIXED – Operator first-person view shifts downwards when players lean right while rappelling.
• FIXED – Defenders can exit onto Skyscraper scaffolding without being detected.
• FIXED – Players don’t receive Kill score if they are eliminated after they DBNO an opponent and a teammate finishes the opponent.
• FIXED – Death Replay camera is offset if player is eliminated by an electrified wall.
• FIXED – Health bars of spotted opponents are visible in HUD.
• FIXED – Multiple LOD and LOS issues on various maps.
• FIXED – Various defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on maps.
• FIXED – Exploitable gaps on various maps.
• FIXED – Multiple clipping, collision, destruction, and asset issues on various maps.
• FIXED – Multiple lighting issues on various maps.
• FIXED – Environmental destruction does not occur around indestructible assets.
• FIXED – EXT location on Bank map that’s normally inaccessible can be accessed by players.
• FIXED – Deployment animation is no longer available if the barricade animation is canceled on the door that is west of 1F Teller’s Office on Bank map.
• FIXED – Operator floats and shakes when positioned between the trash bags and concrete ramp on Bank map.
• FIXED – Aruni’s Surya Gate does not deploy on the door that leads to 1F Tellers’ Office on Bank map.
• FIXED – Players can navigate onto the top of the fridge on Bank map.
• FIXED – Hostage is located in 1F Workshop not 1F Server Room as specified by the objective location on Border map.
• FIXED – Multiple navigation issues where the operator is floating and shaking in specific locations on Clubhouse map.
• FIXED – Drone can navigate under floors on Clubhouse map.
• FIXED – Echo’s Yokai loses signal near 1F North Stairs and 1F Hallway on Coastline map.
• FIXED – During Preparation Phase, a red wall can be seen on one side of the window located at 2F Hallway on Coastline map.
• FIXED – Echo’s Yokai loses signal if it’s navigated near the wall at 1F North Stairs on Coastline map.
• FIXED – A gap is visible when Osa’s Talon-8 Shield is attached to the door between 1F Service Entrance and 1F Kitchen on Coastline map.
Rainbow Six Siege: Ubisoft release Void Edge Operators teaser
• FIXED – Lion, Finka and Iana’s first-person device animations are not interrupted by Oryx’s Remah Dash or Nomad’s Airjabs.
• FIXED – Operators with wearable electronic devices are not revealed after being pinged by IQ’s Electronics Detector.
• FIXED – Ace’s S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher destroys Osa’s Talon-8 Shield when thrown.
• FIXED – Energy bar for Clash’s CCE Shield is missing.
• FIXED – Dokkaebi’s 3.0x scope reticle appears in EOR replay.
• FIXED – Collisions involving Echo’s Yokai interfere with navigation.
• FIXED – Echo’s Yokai can be attached to any exterior doorframe.
• FIXED – Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge gets destroyed near fences on various maps.
• FIXED – Drill SFX for Fuze’s Cluster Charge continues playing when device is destroyed.
• FIXED – A reinforced wall is treated as a soft wall if Fuze deploys the Cluster Charge exactly where another device is deployed on the other side.
• FIXED – Gridlock’s M249 SAW has only 60 bullets when reloading with 1 bullet in the chamber.
• FIXED – Occasionally, some of Hibana’s X-Kairos pellets don’t deploy when shot in succession.
• FIXED – Reload animation for Hibana’s X-Kairos experiences glitches.
• FIXED – Multiple detection and ping issues with IQ’s Electronics Detector.
• FIXED – Camera pulses remain stuck on screen of IQ’s Electronics Detector after cameras are destroyed.
• FIXED – Captured Mozzie drones don’t appear as captured in IQ’s Electronics Detector.
• FIXED – Regular ping appears instead of smart ping when IQ uses the Electronics Detector to ping the counter defuser in PVE.
• FIXED – IQ’s Electronics Detector detects friendly drones that have recovered from disabled state.
• FIXED – Area of effect feedback for Kaid’s Proximity Alarm remains stuck on screen in Support Mode.
• FIXED – Kaid’s Rtila Electroclaw activates without delay when it drops from one surface to another.
• FIXED – Lion doesn’t get +5 pts when the EE-One-D detects an opponent.
• FIXED – Maestro’s Evil Eye can’t destroy Gridlock’s Trax Stingers when they’re deployed on uneven surfaces.
• FIXED – Shooting the back of Maestro’s Evil Eye while his shield is open, destroys the device.
• FIXED – Mira loses points when another player breaks a Black Mirror that has a friendly gadget deployed on it.
• FIXED – Crash occurs if player ejects Mira’s Black Mirror while a device is deployed on it.
• FIXED – Mute’s Signal Disruptor doesn’t get destroyed when an opponent shoots the antennas.
• FIXED – HEL Presence Reduction grants Nøkk immunity to slow effect produced by Melusi’s Banshee Sonic Defense.
• FIXED – Osa’s weapon collides with Talon-8 Shield if she picks it up while rappelling.
• FIXED – Handles on Osa’s Talon-8 Shield are incorrectly positioned when she equips/unequips the device while rappelling.
• FIXED – Osa’s hitbox is too small when she rappels and picks up the Talon-8 Shield.
• FIXED – Various Osa animation issues.
• FIXED – Osa does not have a Nighthaven model phone.
• FIXED – Player can cancel the equip animation for Osa’s Talon-8 Shield.
• FIXED – SFX is missing when Osa picks up the Talon-8 Shield.
• FIXED – Health bar flashes when players equip one of Rook’s armor plates after being revived.
• FIXED – Twitch’s Shock Drone lights appear detached.
• FIXED – Twitch’s Shock Drone clips through any asset.
• FIXED – Twitch’s Shock Drone gets destroyed near fences on various maps.
• FIXED – Landing SFX plays twice after player jumps Twitch’s Shock Drone.
• FIXED – Twitch’s Shock Drone does not appear during EOR replay.
• FIXED – Total loss of functionality is encountered when swapping between Zero’s Argus Camera and other Observation Tools.
• FIXED – Multiple UI and graphics issues.
• FIXED – Various Match Replay issues.
• FIXED – Various localization issues.
• FIXED – Various voice chat and VFX issues.
• FIXED – Various customization and Shop issues.
• FIXED – Surrender vote remains active when round ends before the vote expires.
• FIXED – Player usernames are sometimes replaced with random numbers and letters representing the profile ID of a linked account.
• FIXED – Operator icons and player usernames shake when players move around.
• FIXED – Tactical map was not updated after release of reworked Bank map.
• FIXED – UI elements present during EOR replay do not respond correctly after player modifies the HUD Display Area.
• FIXED – MMR Rollback popups appear after players complete a match, not when they log into the game.
• FIXED – Online ID on PS5 is split in Simplified Chinese.
• FIXED – A PC player has the communication disabled for all Stadia users if the PC user activates the Crossplay Communication option only after entering the session.
Source: Read Full Article