Snap Inc., the company behind Snapchat, has announced its own gaming platform that will bring games onto Snapchat with a big focus on social gaming.
Revealed during the Snap Partner Summit, Snap Games are “mobile games, made for friends,” and will work inside Snapchat right from the Chat bar.
The goal of Snap Games is to allow friends to instantly chat and play games together, with no installs required, and it hopes to make players feel “like you’re sitting shoulder to shoulder, playing on the same screen.”
The first Snap Game, Bitmoji Party, is a collection of mini-games where players control Bitmojis they create and compete against their friends.
Luke Muscat, creative director of Snap’s new game studio and designer of such titles as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride, has worked with his team to create Bitmoji Party for Snapchat.
Snap Games will be launching today with Bitmoji Party and five other games, which are as follows, complete with descriptions from Snapchat;
- Tiny Royale: From Zynga, you and your friends shoot to the top in bite-sized Battle Royale action
- Snake Squad: From Game Closure, you and your squad work together to be the last ones standing
- C.A.T.S. Drift Race: From ZeptoLab, you’ll drift around the track and speed past friends for the win
- Zombie Rescue Squad: From PikPok, your squad will rescure survivors in a zombie-infested city
- Alphabear Hustle: From Spry Fox, you’ll collaborate to form words – fast! – to build your village
Snap Games are HTML-5 based and won’t feature in-app purchases at launch, but will utilize ads for monetization that can be watched in exchange for in-game boosts or currency. That’s not to say in-app purchases won’t arrive at a later date, but as of right now there will be no sign of them.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected]
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN who think Bitmoji Party reminds him of Fusion Frenzy. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst.
Source: Read Full Article