Ubisoft has announced the latest update for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Patch 1.2.0, will go live on Xbox One, PS4, and PC tomorrow, April 4. The update is 4.1 GB on Xbox One, 4.4 GB on PS4, and 3.9 GB on PC.
Patch 1.2.0 implements in-game support for several upcoming content drops in Odyssey. The largest of those content drops–the first episode of Odyssey’s Fate of Atlantis DLC, titled Fields of Elysium–releases April 23. Patch 1.2.0 adds in-game support for upcoming Lost Tales of Greece side missions as well. Like the Fate of Atlantis DLC, you can expect these Lost Tales of Greece missions to launch at a later date.
The update adds new features to Odyssey too. Patch 1.2.0 implements custom gear loadouts, allowing you to quickly switch between your favorite combinations of armor and weapons for different combat encounters. Lost Tales of Greece missions will also be highlighted in the Quest log, making it easier to keep track of how many you have left and which tasks you still need to do to complete each one.
The rest of Patch 1.2.0 outlines fixes for some of Odyssey’s balancing issues and bugs. The full notes are outlined below. Be warned, the patch notes for this update do contain spoilers for certain mid- to late-game storylines.
In our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey review, Alessandro Fillari gave the game an 8/10, writing, “…Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s ambition is admirable, which is reflected in its rich attention to detail for the era and its approach to handling the multi-faceted narrative with strong protagonists at the lead. While its large-scale campaign–clocking in at over 50 hours–can occasionally be tiresome, and some features don’t quite make the impact they should, Odyssey makes great strides in its massive and dynamic world, and it’s a joy to venture out and leave your mark on its ever-changing setting.”
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Update 1.2.0 Patch Notes
- The Legendary sword, Prometheus’ Sika, now has a warrior engraving as intended.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Primary attributes from upgrading.
- Players will now take damage when the oxygen bar is depleted.
- Players can now change the resolution modifier by increments of 10%.
- The newly added Viewpoints with TU1.1.4 will now be automatically completed when the region was discovered already.
- [PC] Added support for MSI Mystic Light.
Legacy of the First Blade
- Addressed a visual issue with the reward for looting the three letters in The Last Magi.
- Addressed an issue in Smoke and Fury where a Persian NPC wouldn’t participate in combat.
Lost Tales of Greece
- Addressed an issue in Daughters of Lalaia where Thyia could sometimes be MIA in the cinematic when interacting with the Magistrate in Phokis.
- Untracked Lost Tales of Greece quests will now appear blue instead of white.
New Game Plus
- Addressed an issue in New Game+ where players sometimes could become stuck in the Forge.
- Uncollected Orichalcum nodes are now present in the world in New Game+.
- Addressed an issue where players could lose their items in New Game+ upon looting the same item with a higher level.
- Legendary Upgrade in New Game+ will no longer make the item higher level than the player.
- Addressed an issue where A Friend Worth Dying For couldn’t be started in New Game+.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Myrrine from reaching her destination.
- Addressed various quest progression issues upon killing and confirming the kill of various NPCs.
- Addressed an issue where snakes wouldn’t be inside the bathhouse in Enough Is Enough. Enough Hiss Enough.
- Addressed an issue in Moving On where the quest would be completed when the requirements weren’t met.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t upgrade their spear at the forge.
- Addressed an issue in Paint It Red where the quest markers would sometimes disappear before reaching the destination.
- Addressed an issue where The City That Cried Wolf couldn’t be completed as the wolves wouldn’t spawn.
- Addressed an issue in Bare It All where players couldn’t loot the Amulet.
- Addressed an issue where players were missing the sub-quest Speak No Evil.
- Addressed an issue in The Doctor Will See You Now where players couldn’t process with the quest after getting the forceps.
- Addressed an issue where Nikolaos will have a different hairstyle after the conquest battle in The Last Fight of Aristaeus.
- Addressed an issue where players were missing all main story quests after a loaded game save.
- Addressed an issue in Throw the Dice where the quest items could sometimes be missing at the intended locations.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t interact with the Sphinx or complete the quest Lore of the Sphinx.
- Addressed several issues where NPCs could sometimes die after a cut scene.
- Addressed an issue where the Eagle Bearer in Would the Real Eagle Bearer Please Stand Up can be killed by the player before speaking with him.
- Addressed an issue in Ashes to Ashes that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Herodotos will no longer slide right after the dialogue is finished in Regrets.
- Character and AI
- Addressed several behavior issues with Lieutenants once they have been assigned to the Adrestia.
- Adrestia and Naval
- Addressed an issue where enemy ships could exceed Level 99.
- Addressed an issue that caused Athena/Octopus’ bows to be missing.
- Graphics, Animations, and Audio
- Addressed some graphical issues that occurred in various regions.
- Addressed various lighting issues.
- Addressed various gear texture issues.
- Improved an animation when activating Rapid Fire while crouched.
- Addressed an animation issue with the Fury of the Bloodline ability when attacked by another NPC.
- [PC] Addressed an issue where the game looked washed out with FreeSync 2 enabled on HDR monitors.
- Abilities, Perks, and Engravings
- Increased the invulnerability window at the end of Fury of the Bloodline.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t use combat and melee special abilities under certain circumstances.
- Elemental resistance now works as intended and provides bonuses to the player based on the total value.
- Hephaistos’ Workshop Tier S2 20% discount is now applied properly.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Crit Chance at full health perk to not work as intended with overpower attacks.
- User Interface, Menu, and Subtitles
- Addressed various localization issues.
- Addressed various UI/HUD display issues.
- Addressed various lip sync issues.
- Addressed an issue with the Transmog System where the hidden item slot wasn’t working as intended under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue with the Sceptre of Samothrace where its visual wouldn’t be available as a Transmog option.
- Addressed an issue where Aya’s lieutenant would be missing a legendary perk after Title Update 1.1.4.
- Addressed an issue that could cause a double fade when accessing the Engraving section of a blacksmith.
- Addressed an issue where fast travel was grayed out.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Level 99 pop-up to display a wrong message.
- Addressed an issue where the Olouros Fortress location is not marked as completed.
- Addressed an issue where Tomb locations wouldn’t be marked as completed upon activating the Stele.
- The Pond of Tainaros is now marked as a Historical Point of Interest.
- Addressed an issue where unused ability points could be missing after Title Update 1.1.4.
- Addressed an issue that could occur when scrolling rapidly between Mercenary tiers.
- [PS4] Addressed an issue where PlayStation®Vita system controls overlap with the ability menu.
- [PC] Addressed an issue where the Skip button during cut scenes has Controller feedback while using M&K.
- [PC] Addressed an issue with the Benchmark tool where the Adaptive Quality option didn’t function.
- [PC] Addressed an issue with the HDR option that would be displayed as off while activating after changing graphics settings.
Source: Read Full Article