All 19 tables of Zen Studios’ Star Wars Pinball are coming to Nintendo Switch, with a vertical play mode that takes advantage of the Switch screen’s dimensions when held sideways.
In addition to being sold through the Nintendo eShop, Star Wars Pinball will also get a physical edition release, a first ever for a Zen pinball suite. Star Wars Pinball will launch for Switch on Sept. 13, 2019, the studio/publisher announced today in advance of this weekend’s Star Wars Celebration.
For the record, the 19 tables in Star Wars Pinball are:
- Adaptations of the films A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Rogue One and Solo.
- Adaptations of TV’s The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.
- Character-specific tables Han Solo, Darth Vader, Calrissian Chronicles, Boba Fett and Droids.
- Star Wars: Battle of Mimban (the mud planet from Solo) and Star Wars: Ahch-To Island (Luke Skywalker’s hideout in The Last Jedi)
- Star Wars: Masters of the Force (a Jedi-vs.-Sith theme, with all the major stars of both factions) Starfighter Assault (Imperial Fleet vs. Rebel fighters) and Might of the First Order (based on The Force Awakens).
In addition to vertical play, Star Wars Pinball on the Switch will also make use of the console’s HD Rumble feature, and will offer a Switch-specific career mode that is “designed with short on-the-go gameplay sessions in mind.” The suite’s soundtrack will be playable in a jukebox mode, and a special collection mode will deliver in-game bonuses to help players rack up higher scores.
Zen Studios published its first three Star Wars tables in 2013 with The Empire Strikes Back, The Clone Wars and Boba Fett, all of which were eventually published to every console, PC, handheld and mobile platform. Their most recent tables were published in September 2018: Solo, Calrissian Chronicles and Battle of MImban.
Source: Read Full Article