Thanks to the Switch Lite’s success, Nintendo is looking into bringing more of its 3DS franchises to the console-handheld hybrid in the future.
Wall Street Journal tech reporter Takashi Mochizuki tweeted that Nintendo Japan’s current president, Shuntaro Furukawa, said the “company would make more 3DS franchises available on Switch.” Such a move is already happening with Brain Age, which is getting a new entry this December in Japan. A Western release for the new Brain Age game has yet to be announced.
The news rides on the back of Nintendo Switch Lite’s growing popularity, as the company mentioned in its earnings report that the console sold approximately two million units worldwide in just 11 days since its September 20 launch.
Following Luigi’s Mansion 3’s launch, the next big games headed to the Nintendo Switch are Pokemon Sword / Shield, which comes out on November 15. There are a few Switch games sprinkled between Sword and Shield’s launch, such as Just Dance 2020 (November 5), Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 (November 5), Disney Tsum Tsum Festival (November 8), New Super Lucky’s Tale (November 8), and Romancing SaGa 3 (November 11).
The Switch Lite has received glowing praise following its launch. In our own review, editor Peter Brown thought highly of the iterative console, saying, “If anything, I hope the Switch Lite is an indication of where Nintendo might go with its theoretical upgraded Switch model in the future. I don’t remember the last time I detached my Joy-Cons, and I constantly gripe over the fake d-pad whenever I have to use it. And after playing with the Switch Lite for an extended period of time, I now look at my standard Switch as being more fragile than ever. The Switch Lite has almost everything I’m looking for in a Switch–I just wished it lived up to its name.”
Click To Unmute
- Free PS4 PlayStation Plus Games For November 2019 Revealed
- Death Stranding – Launch Trailer
- Free Xbox One And Xbox 360 Games With Gold For November 2019 Revealed
- Luigi's Mansion 3 Is A Clever Mix Of The First Two Games
- Warcraft 3: Reforged – Original vs. Remaster (Trailer Cinematic)
- The Witcher Netflix Series Release Date Announced – GS News Update
- Sony Wants To Sell Off PlayStation Vue – GS News Update
- Fortnite Brings Back Fortnitemares For Halloween 2019 – GS News Update
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Brings EA Back To Steam – GS News Update
- Blizzcon 2019 Schedule Revealed, Includes Overwatch, StarCraft, & More – GS News Update
- Payday 2 Development Restarts – GS News Update
- Death Stranding PC Version Coming Next Year – GS News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — October 27 – November 2, 2019
Source: Read Full Article