Borderlands 3 will officially release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on the Epic Games Store on September 13, 2019, and four different versions of the game have been revealed, including the $250 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition.
Announced by Gearbox Software and 2K, the latest entry in the Borderlands franchise also received a brand-new trailer that shows off and names the four new vault hunters, which are as follows;
- Moze as THE GUNNER: When Moze needs backup, she digistructs her mech – Iron Bear – for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as THE SIREN: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara used her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as THE BEASTMASTER: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as THE OPERATIVE: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
These new vault hunters will be facing off against the Calypso Twins, who are “uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power.”
Luckily, players will have over one billion guns to utilize, including firearms with self-propelling bullet shields, rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes, and guns that grow legs and “chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults,” which was featured in the reveal trailer.
Most retailers already have Borderlands 3 preorder links live, with more to come. Also, of note, is that the Epic Games Store exclusivity only lasts until April 2020, when it will then appear on other PC digital storefronts. Here are the details for the multiple editions:
Borderlands 3 Standard Edition – $59.99 USD
The Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition includes the base game, as well as bonus digital content:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy Grenade mod, weapon trinket
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
- Pre-order Bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition – $99.99 USD
The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition PLUS the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes;
- Four campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod
The price of the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition will increase to $119.99 USD on September 17, 2019.
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition – $249.99 USD
This GameStop exclusive Collector’s Edition includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition, plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot
- Borderlands 3 Character Figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe!
- Sanctuary 3 Snap Model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand
- Vault Key Keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault
- Cloth Galaxy Map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands
- Character Art Lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook Case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf
While Borderlands 3 may not be released until September 13, fans of the franchise that has sold over 41 million copies can jump into the Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition and play the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection with the free Ultra HD Texture Pack today.
Lastly, Gearbox Software and 2K will be hosting a Worldwide Gameplay Reveal Event livestream on May 1 that will allow fans around the world to see Borderlands 3 in action for the first time.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected]
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN who can’t wait for September 13 and may have to play as FL4K. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst.
Source: Read Full Article