Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has received a new patch, and it’s added a feature that many PC players have requested: the ability to uninstall different modes of the game in order to free up precious drive space. All players can also get a new shotgun.
Considering the size of Modern Warfare has ballooned to 200 GB following some recent updates, and many players don’t touch the single-player after the initial playthrough, the new uninstall options is a helpful one. Note that console players have had this option for a while now, though it’s only available for digital owners on PS4.
Besides that, the biggest change is the introduction of the new shotgun, the Jak-12. You can get a look at it in the screenshots above. The addition isn’t actually mentioned in the patch notes, but it’s a new weapon you can now have at your disposal in Modern Warfare or Warzone. There’s also a shiny version available on the store.
Other changes include a refresh of the game’s multiplayer playlists. The most exciting addition might be HQ Firefight, where you add to your team’s score both by getting kills and by capturing the opposing team’s headquarters. Gun Game Team Deathmatch is always a good time as well. For Warzone, the patch removes Blood Money Quads and adds Plunder Quads back to the game, which is a fast-paced mode popular among certain players.
In terms of more minor changes, the patch slightly boosts the damage of the Kar98 in Warzone. It also downtunes the damage of the new SP-R rifle, which was widely considered overpowered by the game’s community. The SP-R was previously nerfed by a patch. It also fixes a barrage of bugs, including a particularly exotic one where if a player dies after the doors of the subway car closing, they are pulled out of the gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into the gulag once it’s their turn to fight. Talk about disorienting.
Full patch notes below:
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract
Source: Read Full Article