Blizzard has confirmed that there are no plans to launch the now-in-development Diablo 4 anytime soon.
Before wrapping up a BlizzCon panel, game director Luis Barriga explained that there’s no release date attached to Diablo 4 at the moment. “There is much, much more to come. A game of this scope takes time,” Barriga said. This is a very, very early first step. We’re not coming out soon, not even Blizzard soon. We’re just excited to take this first early step in the journey together with you.”
Diablo has had a staggered release since its inception. The first title launched in 1996 and received the Hellfire expansion a year later. Diablo 2 hit the market in 2000 and, like the original Diablo, received its expansion, Lord of Destruction, a year later. It would be more than a decade, in 2012, when Diablo 3 made its debut. Diablo 3 received one expansion and an additional character class before Blizzard unveiled Diablo Immortal and the newly-announced Diablo 4.
Despite Diablo 4 not coming out anytime soon, Blizzard has provided a bevy of information about the upcoming action-RPG title. New to the hack-n-slash experience are mounts, which allow you to travel fast and in style. And it turns out that all versions of the game are online-only. We were able to go hands-on with Diablo 4 during BlizzCon and concluded that the shared-world aspect introduced something new to the franchise.
- BlizzCon 2019 News: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, And Everything Else Announced
- New Hero Confirmed For Overwatch 2: Sojourn
- BlizzCon Schedule: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 Unveiling, And More
- Overwatch 2 Announced, Includes PvP And PvE
- What Overwatch 2 Means For Current Players
- Diablo 4 Announced At BlizzCon 2019
- Diablo 4 Gameplay Trailer Shows The New RPG In Action
- New WoW Shadowlands Expansion Trailer Released At BlizzCon 2019
- Hearthstone Expansion "Descent of Dragons" Announced, Coming In December
- Here's Every Hearthstone "Descent Of Dragons" Card (So Far)
Click To Unmute
- Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month — November 2019
- Diablo IV – Character Classes Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Apex Legends Adds Duos Mode Soon – GS News Update
- Terminator Dark Fate – Would The Cast Return For Sequels?
- Diablo IV – "By Three They Come" Cinematic Announcement Trailer
- CARRION Demo | GameSpot Live
- Carrion Gameplay – 15 Minutes Of Murderous Mayhem (Alpha Demo)
- Terminator Dark Fate's Controversial Opening Scene Explained By Director Tim Miller
- Disco Elysium Video Review
- SoulCalibur VI – Hilde DLC Character Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- New Guilty Gear – Chipp And Potemkin Reveal Trailer
- The Hidden Origins Of The Jedi – True Fiction
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Diablo 4's Brutal Combat Is A Return To The Series's Dark Side
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article