Update: Following Red Dead 2’s rocky PC launch, which included freezing and crashing for many players, Rockstar Support’s Twitter has acknowledged the ongoing Red Dead 2 PC issues in a tweet stating the team is “actively working to resolve them.”
On November 5, Rockstar pushed an update meant to address the PC crashing issues related to Red Dead Redemption 2 and also the Rockstar Games Launcher. Rockstar pushed another update today, called RDR2 Title Update 1.14. According to its patch notes, the update includes “Improvements to address issues that resulted in Red Dead Redemption 2 crashing due to Anti-Virus software” on PC.
Original story follows…
Red Dead Redemption 2 is out on PC, but startup errors are giving some players trouble. One editor at GameSpot experienced several back-to-back crashes in Red Dead 2 on PC while trying to load into the campaign and during the opening cutscene. According to Reddit, one of the most common errors players are receiving states, “Red Dead Redemption 2 exited unexpectedly. Please click Retry below to enter the game again, or click Safe Mode to launch the game with reduced graphics settings. If you continue to have problems playing the game, please contact Rockstar Games Customer Service at https://support.rockstargames.com,” followed by options to exit out, retry, and re-launch with safe mode enabled. Some users have even reported issues with the Rockstar Games Launcher.
If you’re among those experiencing issues, we have a potential solution to fix Red Dead 2 crashes. At the very least, it worked for one of us here at GameSpot. [Update: Rockstar has released an update for the Rockstar Games Launcher, and among the patch notes is a mention of a fix for some of the problems players have been encountering. It’s unclear if this will fix them all, but make sure your launcher is up to date if you’re having issues.]
The Red Dead community on Reddit is currently compiling a list of PC launch issues with some community-sourced troubleshooting tips, including disabling your antivirus. GameSpot has not verified the effectiveness of the methods suggested on Reddit as of yet, and would recommend players also consult the official Rockstar Games support site, especially the page setup for the “exited unexpectedly” error. Rockstar recommends players having issues with Red Dead 2 on PC try running the game as an administrator or updating their graphics drivers.
Other launch issues players have reported on Reddit include audio problems, issues with the Rockstar Games Launcher, and FPS drops. For the FPS drops, the Red Dead community on Reddit suggests switching graphics API from Vulkan to DirectX12 for Nvidia users, but many in the comments warn that this doesn’t work. GameSpot recommends proceeding with caution and waiting for Rockstar’s official support line to address the issue.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News
- Red Dead 2 PC Crashes On Startup, According To Some Players
- Red Dead Redemption 2 System Requirements Revealed
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Easy Money Guide: How To Get Cash Quickly
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Legendary Bear Pelt: Here's What To Do With It
Click To Unmute
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month — November 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Twice As Much Keanu Reeves – GS News Update
- First Pokemon Sword & Shield Gigantamax Raid Details – GS News Update
- Pokemon Sword And Shield – Overview Trailer
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Adds Terry Bogard & More – GS News Update
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Terry Bogard DLC Gameplay Release Trailer
- Apex Legends – Duos | GameSpot Live
- Watchmen Episode 3 "She Was Killed By Space Junk" Breakdown
- 9 Minutes of Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Overwatch 2 – 5 Minutes Of The New PVP Mode "Push" Gameplay
- BlizzCon Protest Organizer Explains Why Change Needs To Happen
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Could Be A PS5 Game – GS News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2 On PC
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article