The remake of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, announced back in September, has been postponed to March 18, 2021. Ubisoft’s original plans called for a January launch.
Ubisoft Pune, the studio working on the game, said that “2020 has been a year like no other” in a statement posted Tuesday on Twitter to announce the delay. “We believe this is the right call to ensure we will deliver a game you will enjoy.”
Ubisoft has run into delays and postponements in other projects, attributing them to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Last week, Ubisoft Massive canceled plans for “Codename Nightmare,” a gameplay event for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, which was also announced during September’s Ubisoft Forward livestream.
In September, Annu Koul, the producer in charge of the Sands of Time project, said the remake would bring back all of the series’ familiar characters. “It’s just, we have given it a good bit more flavor, more enhancement,” she said. At the same time, series creator Jordan Mechner told fans that he had played a build of the remake and said, “It gave me tingles.”
The Prince of Persia franchise, which dates to 1989, has not seen a new entry since 2008’s Prince of Persia on PlayStation 3, Windows PC, and Xbox 360. Over the past dozen years, the series has receded in importance as Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed franchise emerged. The Sands of Time was originally released in late 2003 on Game Boy Advance, GameCube, PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox.
Source: Read Full Article