Thank you for subscribing!
We have more newsletters
UPDATE: Fortnite is down and scheduled maintenance is underway across all platforms, including PS4, Xbox, Switch, Mobile and PC.
The update should be rolling out shortly to all players but Epic Games' scheduled maintenance is still expected to last another hour at least.
Keep reading for the full overview of all changes coming to the game today.
Original Story Follows – Fortnite servers are shutting down this morning as Epic Games prepares to release their next big Fortnite update 13.20 for all platform players – PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mobile.
Epic Games announced the news late last night that they'll be releasing a new Fortnite update for the game on Monday evening.
Writing on Twitter, the Epic Games official Fortnite Status account told fans:
"We’re adding new flare to the game.v13.20 arrives Tuesday, June 30. (Yes, we jumped numbers!) Downtime will begin at 2 AM ET (06:00 UTC)."
This means the game will go offline at 7 am BST in the United Kingdom.
The developers will provide an update on when server maintenance has ended, but you can likely expect it to last roughly two hours and conclude at 9am BST for those in the United Kingdom.
Although it's possible it can take slightly longer. Problems do occur now and again after all.
For those unaware, this means matchmaking will be temporarily disabled for all Fortnite modes, which includes the more popular Battle Royale mode, as well as Fortnite Save the World and Fortnite Creative.
This new update will bring the game up to Fortnite version 13.20.
Whilst it's unlikely to be the biggest update since the game launched, it will still likely contain plenty of new files and possibly some new skins.
Official patch notes have been shared with content creators and can be seen on the link.
However, outside of known changes, players should also expect to see some of the games numerous bug fixes too.
Most of these changes have been listed on the game's official Trello Board (Via Express.co.uk). But whilst the below does give a good insight into some of the fixes we could see, they're not guaranteed, so set your expectations accordingly.
Fortnite update 13.20 General patch notes
• Missing styles for the Specialist Pickaxe and Arroyo Pack Back Bling.
– Some players may be missing styles for the Specialist Pickaxe and Arroyo Pack Back Bling.
• Rage Emote fire effect remaining on/near players.
– After players use the Rage Emote, the Emote's fire effect may remain on or near them.
• Emotes playing over Main Stage music in Party Royale.
– On occasion, Emote music can be heard while at the Main Stage in Party Royale.
• Sandstorm Outfit missing hair.
– We're investigating an issue where some players may see Sandstorm missing her hair when equipping the 'No Mask No Cowl' style.
Fortnite update 13.20 Battle Royale patch notes
• Fall damage from Ziplines when landing in shallow water.
– After dropping from a Zipline, players may take fall damage when landing in shallow water.
• Epic & Legendary SMGs sometimes cannot be Sidegraded.
– Epic and Legendary SMGs that drop are sometimes are not able to be Sidegraded.
• Damaging Marauders counting towards Storm Surge.
– Storm Surge can be contributed to by damaging Marauders.
• Chug Splash does not heal when thrown inside of a bush.
– We're aware of an issue that is preventing players from gaining the healing effect of Chug Splashes when using them inside of a bush.
• Supply Drops may sometimes push loot under the map.
– Supply Drops, especially when found in vaults, may sometimes push loot inaccessibly under the map floor when opened.
- Nintendo Switch
- Epic Games
Source: Read Full Article